Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sailing the Seas


This adorable sailboat is part of the new CDS August release called Sails, Subs and Tugs. The set includes a submarine, a tugboat, this sailboat and various matching sentiments.

I watercolored the image and applied it to a background that was sponged with stampin' UP! inks. My dp was embossed using my Cuttlebug and spritzed with glimmer mist. I love the way the grommet added just the right amount of bling!

Card Recipe

ALL CDSTAMPS USED:Sails, Subs and Tugs
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS:DCWV Latte collection, Bazzil cardstock, SU whisper white
INK:versafine, TH distress ink, stampin' UP!
MARKERS (if any):None
ACCESS. AND EMBELLISHMENTS:Making Memories Grommet, ribbon
COLORING MEDIUM (if any):Stampin' Up ink pads, aquapainter
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any):paper tole, watercolor

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Great card Peg!! Luv the colors!!

Gloria said...

This is gorgeous. I love the large grommet in the corner with the different dsp peeking through.

the funkie junkie said...

What a cool card, Peg! I love the CB embossing and the way you sanded the color off. The image is perfectly colored and that large grommet looks like a porthole!! Great job, as always!!!

Wendy said...

Peg, Just left you a little something over at my blog!!

Shawne said...

This is sooo great, I love the background and giant grommet!

Laurie tx stamper said...

Soooooo amazing! Wow, that grommet is the perfect accent, like how you put the ribbon behind it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin