Thursday, July 23, 2009

Precious Moments - Photo enhancement

Hello everyone. I wanted to post this card to show you the difference a photo tutorial can make! I was recently blog hopping and came across this tutorial by Amy Sheffer at Pickled Paper Designs. Her tutorial is all about how to photograph your cards. I have tried so many different ways, and while I have been happy with some of them, none of them stand out like I want them to. Amy's tutorial goes through backdrops, lighting, camera settings and editing. I downloaded the free trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 and am hooked! This is something I think I would love to have.
For this card, I concentrated on editing with PE7. My finished product is at the top of this post.
Here is the before photo of my card.First I straightened out the image so that it wasn't crooked. Next I adjusted the lighting and the sharpness. These few adjustments really brought out the image on the card.
To finish it off I added an inner glow to frame the edges.
I think it made a great difference!

6 comments:

True :) said...

Great tips Peg!
Your card is very pretty too by the way!
Hugs,
True :)

Wendy said...

OOOOOOOh Peg now you will be hooked!! I took a course in Photoshop CS and the things you can do are just limitless!! You will be hooked!! I am giving you fair warning!!
Beautiful card too!!

Edith said...

Peg, your card is beautiful! I love the colors and the stamp. Also: thanks a lot for posting the link to the tutorial. It would be very helpful to me!

Chris said...

The difference is amazing!

jacks said...

Hi Friend,
Congratulations for this nice looking blog. In this post everything about Web Development. I am also interested in latest news, sometimes i posted on Customized application development

rachel said...

very sweet cards!!:) your card is beautiful!:):):)
blessing!:)
rachel

Blog Widget by LinkWithin