Thursday, March 5, 2009
In this card I used a cracked glass technique on the "friends" tag. This technique adds a vintage look to your cards. The cracked glass look is easy to achieve and I have added step by step instructions below.
1. Stamp your cardstock and ink the edges if desired
2. Once the ink has dried coat the entire piece with an embossing ink pad like Versamark.
3. Using a thick enamel embossing powder, cover the entire piece and pick up using long tweezers.
4. Heat with heat tool and let cool.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 twice.
6. Once your third coat of embossing powder has cooled, gently bend in areas that you want to crack.
You can go over your cracks with an ink pad to make the look more dramatic as seen in the bottom image.
Posted by Beautiful Greetings at 4:29 PM