Monday, April 14, 2008

Featured Etsy Artist - Buster and boo


I am a lover of all jewelry and often find myself browsing the Etsy shops, dreaming of owning each and every piece! My other weakness is paper. I buy a lot for my business (at least that is my excuse) and I am always excited to see new paper lines and textures . When I came across the shop Buster and boo, I was amazed to see jewelry and paper fused to make beautiful pieces! What an amazing artistic mind. I would have never dreamed that a piece of paper and a scrabble tile could create a gorgeous pendant. I was so intrigued with this store that I asked the owner to answer a few of my questions about her work.
Here is my interview with Sara
Q. Please describe what you make.

A. Pendants made from reclaimed Scrabble tiles and Japanese Chiyogami papers - but in my other shop I knit stuffed animals, primarily.


Q. What mediums do you enjoy working in most?
A. Paper, wood, but also natural fibers (I'm also a knitter in my other shop, WOolies)

Q. How long have you been creating your craft?
A. Been creating forever, but with a fervour for the past 10 years!

Q. How did you get started?
A. My mom taught me to knit, sew, embroider...

Q. Where does the name of your shop come from?
A. Buster and boo are two of my dogs. Buster is big, Boo is little, they love each other a lot! Woolies came from nowhere, just my imagination "little woolies".

Q. What would you most want people to know about your work?
A. I love what I do and pride myself on excellent quality.

Q. What words of advice do you have for other artists?
A. As incredible or wonderful as your work may be, it won't sell if nobody knows about it. Learn how to promote and/or advertise.

Please come and check out Buster and boo at http://www.busterandboo.etsy.com/
You will love the selection and the craftsmanship that goes into each and every product!

Love stuffed animals? Check out Saras other shop http://www.woolies.etsy.com/











2 comments:

woolies said...

Thank you SO much!!!!
:0)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful feature of a wonderful seller!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin